Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 11:48:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.31 meters/second, 1531.1 km/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||North||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||951.12 mi||West||0° 03' 57.8"||4.54 mi||North||950.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 28.3"||760.52 mi||East||1° 10' 14.9"||80.53 mi||North||762.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 11:48 AM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 10:48 AM||1433 km||890 miles||774 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:48 AM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:48 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:48 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:48 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 12:48 PM||2207 km||1371 miles||1191 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:48 AM||2992 km||1859 miles||1616 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Fri 8:48 AM||3007 km||1868 miles||1624 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 10:48 AM||3140 km||1951 miles||1696 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.