Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.31 meters/second, 1531.1 km/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.86 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.4"||951.12 mi||west||0° 03' 57.8"||4.54 mi||north||950.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 28.3"||760.52 mi||east||1° 10' 14.9"||80.53 mi||north||762.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 11:48 AM||329 km||204 miles||177 nm||ENE|
|Palikir||Fri 10:48 AM||1433 km||890 miles||774 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:48 AM||1524 km||947 miles||823 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:48 AM||2095 km||1302 miles||1131 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:48 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:48 AM||2174 km||1351 miles||1174 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 12:48 PM||2207 km||1371 miles||1191 nm||ENE|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:48 AM||2992 km||1859 miles||1616 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Fri 8:48 AM||3007 km||1868 miles||1624 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Fri 10:48 AM||3140 km||1951 miles||1696 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.