Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 6, 2013 at 23:48:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.31 meters/second, 1531.1 km/hour, 951.4 miles/hour or 826.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.86 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 06.3"||951.11 mi||west||0° 03' 57.8"||4.54 mi||north||950.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 28.4"||760.52 mi||east||1° 10' 12.3"||80.48 mi||north||762.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 11:48 AM||356 km||222 miles||192 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 10:48 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Fri 11:48 AM||1540 km||957 miles||832 nm||SE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:48 AM||2068 km||1285 miles||1116 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Fri 11:48 AM||2167 km||1347 miles||1170 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:48 AM||2188 km||1360 miles||1181 nm||SSE|
|Midway||Thu 12:48 PM||2231 km||1386 miles||1205 nm||ENE|
|Tokyo||Fri 8:48 AM||2986 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 11:48 AM||3014 km||1873 miles||1627 nm||SE|
|Honiara||Fri 10:48 AM||3137 km||1949 miles||1694 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.