Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 7, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 7, 2013 at 00:18:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.23 meters/second, 1530.8 km/hour, 951.2 miles/hour or 826.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.85 mi||west||0° 00' 04.0"||0.08 mi||north||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.9"||950.92 mi||west||0° 03' 55.1"||4.49 mi||north||950.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 35.1"||760.49 mi||east||1° 09' 09.2"||79.28 mi||north||761.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Fri 12:18 PM||1088 km||676 miles||588 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 11:18 AM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:18 AM||1369 km||850 miles||739 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Fri 12:18 PM||2061 km||1280 miles||1113 nm||SE|
|Yaren||Fri 12:18 PM||2429 km||1509 miles||1311 nm||SSE|
|Yokohama||Fri 9:18 AM||2472 km||1536 miles||1335 nm||NW|
|Tokyo||Fri 9:18 AM||2488 km||1546 miles||1343 nm||NW|
|Nagoya||Fri 9:18 AM||2640 km||1640 miles||1425 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Fri 12:18 PM||2645 km||1644 miles||1428 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 9:18 AM||2658 km||1652 miles||1435 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.