Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 7, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 7, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.20 meters/second, 1530.7 km/hour, 951.1 miles/hour or 826.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.85 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.08 mi||north||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.8"||950.92 mi||west||0° 03' 54.2"||4.48 mi||north||950.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 37.6"||760.54 mi||east||1° 08' 44.9"||78.82 mi||north||761.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 10:28 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||WSW|
|Hagåtña||Fri 10:28 AM||1116 km||694 miles||603 nm||WSW|
|Wake Island||Fri 12:28 PM||1371 km||852 miles||740 nm||E|
|Palikir||Fri 11:28 AM||1401 km||871 miles||757 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Fri 12:28 PM||2296 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||ESE|
|Yokohama||Fri 9:28 AM||2304 km||1432 miles||1244 nm||NNW|
|Tokyo||Fri 9:28 AM||2322 km||1443 miles||1254 nm||NNW|
|Melekeok||Fri 9:28 AM||2406 km||1495 miles||1299 nm||WSW|
|Nagoya||Fri 9:28 AM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||NW|
|Osaka||Fri 9:28 AM||2512 km||1561 miles||1357 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.