Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 7, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 7, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.03 meters/second, 1530.1 km/hour, 950.8 miles/hour or 826.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.85 mi||west||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||north||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.0"||950.48 mi||west||0° 03' 48.9"||4.38 mi||north||950.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 50.5"||760.43 mi||east||1° 06' 36.1"||76.35 mi||north||761.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 11:28 AM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 11:28 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:28 AM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 10:28 AM||1766 km||1097 miles||953 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Fri 10:28 AM||1773 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Fri 10:28 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 10:28 AM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Fri 10:28 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Fri 10:28 AM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Fri 10:28 AM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.