Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 7, 2013 at 1:28:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 7:00 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 7, 2013 at 01:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.03 meters/second, 1530.1 km/hour, 950.8 miles/hour or 826.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.1"||15.85 mi||West||0° 00' 03.8"||0.07 mi||North||15.85 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 05.0"||950.48 mi||West||0° 03' 48.9"||4.38 mi||North||950.31 mi|
|24 hours||11° 36' 50.5"||760.43 mi||East||1° 06' 36.1"||76.35 mi||North||761.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Saipan||Fri 11:28 AM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 11:28 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SE|
|Melekeok||Fri 10:28 AM||1356 km||843 miles||732 nm||SSW|
|Hamamatsu||Fri 10:28 AM||1766 km||1097 miles||953 nm||N|
|Kumamoto||Fri 10:28 AM||1773 km||1101 miles||957 nm||NNW|
|Shizuoka||Fri 10:28 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||N|
|Osaka||Fri 10:28 AM||1797 km||1116 miles||970 nm||NNW|
|Kobe||Fri 10:28 AM||1805 km||1121 miles||974 nm||NNW|
|Nagoya||Fri 10:28 AM||1826 km||1134 miles||986 nm||N|
|Kyoto||Fri 10:28 AM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.