Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Friday, May 31, 2013 at 6:59 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 00:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.13 meters/second, 1519.7 km/hour, 944.3 miles/hour or 820.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 01.8"||0.03 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 52.7"||944.03 mi||west||0° 01' 42.8"||1.97 mi||north||943.95 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 57.6"||757.76 mi||east||0° 15' 18.8"||17.56 mi||north||757.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Wake Island||Sat 12:28 PM||164 km||102 miles||88 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Sat 12:28 PM||1553 km||965 miles||838 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sat 11:28 AM||1630 km||1013 miles||880 nm||SSW|
|Midway||Fri 1:28 PM||1989 km||1236 miles||1074 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sat 12:28 PM||2215 km||1376 miles||1196 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 12:28 PM||2270 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||S|
|Hagåtña||Sat 10:28 AM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 12:28 PM||2955 km||1836 miles||1596 nm||SE|
|Tokyo||Sat 9:28 AM||3049 km||1894 miles||1646 nm||NW|
|Honiara||Sat 11:28 AM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.