Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 35%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 15, 2013 at 04:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.53 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||south||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 07.7"||1003.23 mi||west||0° 10' 26.8"||11.96 mi||south||1003.42 mi|
|24 hours||10° 50' 07.8"||747.01 mi||east||4° 17' 30.3"||294.88 mi||south||804.58 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 4:34 PM||498 km||309 miles||269 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:34 PM||1256 km||780 miles||678 nm||WSW|
|Majuro||Sat 4:34 PM||1424 km||885 miles||769 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:34 PM||1547 km||961 miles||835 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:34 PM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Sat 4:34 PM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sat 5:34 PM||2105 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:34 PM||2117 km||1315 miles||1143 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Sat 4:34 PM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||NW|
|Suva||Sat 4:34 PM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.