Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:58 PM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 17:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.25 meters/second, 1617.3 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 06.4"||1004.83 mi||west||0° 11' 05.1"||12.69 mi||south||1004.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 34.3"||787.61 mi||east||4° 25' 19.1"||303.84 mi||south||842.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port-Gentil||Sun 6:14 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||WNW|
|Libreville||Sun 6:14 PM||295 km||184 miles||160 nm||NNW|
|Franceville||Sun 6:14 PM||316 km||196 miles||171 nm||E|
|Dolisie||Sun 6:14 PM||329 km||205 miles||178 nm||SE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sun 6:14 PM||338 km||210 miles||183 nm||SSE|
|Aconibe||Sun 6:14 PM||358 km||222 miles||193 nm||N|
|Cabinda||Sun 6:14 PM||431 km||268 miles||233 nm||SSE|
|Bata||Sun 6:14 PM||434 km||270 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|Ebebiyín||Sun 6:14 PM||456 km||284 miles||246 nm||N|
|São Tomé||Sun 5:14 PM||514 km||319 miles||278 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.