Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 17:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Saturday, June 8, 2013 at 3:57 PM|
|This phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 17:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.24 meters/second, 1617.2 km/hour, 1004.9 miles/hour or 873.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.0"||16.75 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 05.9"||1004.87 mi||west||0° 11' 05.1"||12.70 mi||south||1004.89 mi|
|24 hours||11° 23' 48.8"||787.92 mi||east||4° 25' 17.6"||303.83 mi||south||842.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port-Gentil||Sun 6:24 PM||158 km||98 miles||85 nm||NNE|
|São Tomé||Sun 5:24 PM||295 km||183 miles||159 nm||NNW|
|Libreville||Sun 6:24 PM||303 km||188 miles||164 nm||NNE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Sun 5:24 PM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||N|
|Bata||Sun 6:24 PM||464 km||288 miles||250 nm||NNE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sun 6:24 PM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||SE|
|Dolisie||Sun 6:24 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||ESE|
|Ebebiyín||Sun 6:24 PM||583 km||362 miles||315 nm||NE|
|Cabinda||Sun 6:24 PM||606 km||376 miles||327 nm||SE|
|Franceville||Sun 6:24 PM||615 km||382 miles||332 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.