Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 17, 2013 at 5:24:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 17, 2013 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.01 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.1"||1002.04 mi||West||0° 11' 04.4"||12.68 mi||South||1002.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 04.6"||806.09 mi||East||4° 21' 55.5"||299.98 mi||South||857.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Mon 6:24 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||W|
|Kanton Island||Mon 6:24 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 6:24 PM||809 km||503 miles||437 nm||SW|
|Atafu||Mon 6:24 PM||864 km||537 miles||467 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 7:24 PM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||NE|
|Apia||Mon 6:24 PM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:24 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 6:24 PM||1699 km||1055 miles||917 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:24 PM||1703 km||1058 miles||920 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 7:24 PM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.