Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 17, 2013 at 05:24:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 55%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 17, 2013 at 05:24:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.01 meters/second, 1612.8 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.1"||1002.04 mi||west||0° 11' 04.4"||12.68 mi||south||1002.00 mi|
|24 hours||11° 41' 04.6"||806.09 mi||east||4° 21' 55.5"||299.98 mi||south||857.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Mon 6:24 PM||523 km||325 miles||282 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 6:24 PM||812 km||505 miles||438 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 7:24 PM||1176 km||731 miles||635 nm||NE|
|Apia||Mon 6:24 PM||1240 km||770 miles||669 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 5:24 PM||1259 km||782 miles||680 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 6:24 PM||1698 km||1055 miles||917 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Mon 5:24 PM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 7:24 PM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 6:24 PM||2122 km||1318 miles||1146 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Mon 5:24 PM||2291 km||1424 miles||1237 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.