Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 21, 2013 at 5:02:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 92%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 21, 2013 at 05:02:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.87 meters/second, 1518.7 km/hour, 943.7 miles/hour or 820.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.6"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 05.1"||0.10 mi||South||15.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 35.2"||943.37 mi||West||0° 05' 00.7"||5.75 mi||South||943.16 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 56.3"||974.32 mi||East||1° 22' 33.5"||94.65 mi||South||974.88 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Thu 11:02 PM||934 km||580 miles||504 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Thu 9:02 PM||2268 km||1409 miles||1224 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 11:02 PM||2908 km||1807 miles||1570 nm||NE|
|Lima||Fri 12:02 AM||3528 km||2192 miles||1905 nm||E|
|Quito||Fri 12:02 AM||3928 km||2441 miles||2121 nm||ENE|
|Santiago||Fri 1:02 AM||4164 km||2587 miles||2248 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Thu 11:02 PM||4198 km||2609 miles||2267 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 11:02 PM||4200 km||2609 miles||2268 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 11:02 PM||4212 km||2617 miles||2274 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 11:02 PM||4239 km||2634 miles||2289 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.