Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 12:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 12:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.16 meters/second, 1501.8 km/hour, 933.2 miles/hour or 810.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.55 mi||west||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||south||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 57.3"||932.85 mi||west||0° 00' 29.5"||0.56 mi||south||932.82 mi|
|24 hours||15° 14' 36.2"||989.79 mi||east||0° 30' 50.4"||35.36 mi||north||992.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Sat 11:32 PM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Sat 10:32 PM||947 km||589 miles||511 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:32 PM||1132 km||704 miles||611 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:32 PM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 10:32 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 10:32 PM||1650 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Sat 10:32 PM||1654 km||1028 miles||893 nm||SSW|
|Canberra||Sat 10:32 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Sun 12:32 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||E|
|Melbourne||Sat 10:32 PM||2320 km||1441 miles||1253 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.