Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 12:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 12:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.16 meters/second, 1501.8 km/hour, 933.2 miles/hour or 810.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.55 mi||West||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||South||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 57.3"||932.85 mi||West||0° 00' 29.5"||0.56 mi||South||932.82 mi|
|24 hours||15° 14' 36.2"||989.79 mi||East||0° 30' 50.4"||35.36 mi||North||992.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Noumea||Sat 11:32 PM||920 km||571 miles||497 nm||ESE|
|Brisbane||Sat 10:32 PM||947 km||589 miles||511 nm||SSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:32 PM||1132 km||703 miles||611 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:32 PM||1209 km||751 miles||653 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sat 10:32 PM||1326 km||824 miles||716 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 10:32 PM||1650 km||1026 miles||891 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Sat 10:32 PM||1654 km||1028 miles||893 nm||SSW|
|Canberra||Sat 10:32 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Sun 12:32 AM||2172 km||1350 miles||1173 nm||E|
|Melbourne||Sat 10:32 PM||2320 km||1441 miles||1253 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.