Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 12:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:24 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 22, 2013 at 12:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 417.16 meters/second, 1501.8 km/hour, 933.1 miles/hour or 810.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.55 mi||west||0° 00' 00.6"||0.01 mi||south||15.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 57.3"||932.91 mi||west||0° 00' 29.2"||0.56 mi||south||932.89 mi|
|24 hours||15° 14' 36.2"||989.85 mi||east||0° 30' 54.5"||35.44 mi||north||992.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brisbane||Sat 10:32 PM||933 km||580 miles||504 nm||SSW|
|Noumea||Sat 11:32 PM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Sat 11:32 PM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||ENE|
|Honiara||Sat 11:32 PM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Sat 10:32 PM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||WNW|
|Port Moresby||Sat 10:32 PM||1631 km||1013 miles||880 nm||NW|
|Sydney||Sat 10:32 PM||1644 km||1021 miles||888 nm||SSW|
|Canberra||Sat 10:32 PM||1870 km||1162 miles||1010 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Sun 12:32 AM||2200 km||1367 miles||1188 nm||E|
|Melbourne||Sat 10:32 PM||2306 km||1433 miles||1245 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.