Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 10:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, June 16, 2013 at 5:25 PM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 10:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 418.23 meters/second, 1505.6 km/hour, 935.6 miles/hour or 813.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 21.9"||15.59 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 21' 58.7"||935.28 mi||West||0° 02' 52.4"||3.29 mi||North||935.42 mi|
|24 hours||15° 01' 48.5"||978.47 mi||East||1° 49' 05.6"||125.06 mi||North||991.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rarotonga||Sun 12:22 AM||450 km||279 miles||243 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Sun 12:22 AM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||NE|
|Papeete||Sun 12:22 AM||699 km||434 miles||377 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Sat 11:22 PM||1489 km||925 miles||804 nm||W|
|Apia||Sun 11:22 PM||1827 km||1135 miles||987 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 11:22 PM||2021 km||1256 miles||1091 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 11:22 PM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Mon 12:22 AM||2399 km||1490 miles||1295 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Sun 2:22 AM||2701 km||1679 miles||1459 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Sun 10:22 PM||2723 km||1692 miles||1470 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.