Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 420.36 meters/second, 1513.3 kilometres/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.3"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 04.6"||0.09 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 24.7"||940.07 mi||West||0° 04' 39.7"||5.35 mi||North||940.31 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 47.9"||965.55 mi||East||2° 28' 40.5"||170.41 mi||North||987.23 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gweru||Mon 12:32 AM||64 km||40 miles||35 nm||SE|
|Bulawayo||Mon 12:32 AM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||SW|
|Masvingo||Mon 12:32 AM||189 km||118 miles||102 nm||SE|
|Chinhoyi||Mon 12:32 AM||200 km||125 miles||108 nm||NNE|
|Chitungwiza||Mon 12:32 AM||206 km||128 miles||111 nm||ENE|
|Harare||Mon 12:32 AM||216 km||134 miles||117 nm||NE|
|Francistown||Mon 12:32 AM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SW|
|Mutare||Mon 12:32 AM||341 km||212 miles||184 nm||E|
|Lusaka||Mon 12:32 AM||416 km||258 miles||224 nm||NNW|
|Serowe||Mon 12:32 AM||469 km||291 miles||253 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.