Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 12:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 00:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.81 meters/second, 1514.9 km/hour, 941.3 miles/hour or 818.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.69 mi||West||0° 00' 04.9"||0.09 mi||North||15.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 30.6"||941.07 mi||West||0° 04' 56.7"||5.67 mi||North||941.31 mi|
|24 hours||14° 42' 40.8"||963.06 mi||East||2° 34' 47.0"||177.41 mi||North||986.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Mon 12:32 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||WNW|
|Luanda||Mon 1:32 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||NE|
|Windhoek||Mon 1:32 AM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||ESE|
|São Tomé||Mon 12:32 AM||2224 km||1382 miles||1201 nm||NNE|
|Kinshasa||Mon 1:32 AM||2262 km||1406 miles||1221 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 1:32 AM||2265 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||NE|
|Libreville||Mon 1:32 AM||2335 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||NNE|
|Cape Town||Mon 2:32 AM||2427 km||1508 miles||1310 nm||SE|
|Malabo||Mon 1:32 AM||2654 km||1649 miles||1433 nm||NNE|
|Gaborone||Mon 2:32 AM||2684 km||1668 miles||1449 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.