Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 8:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 08:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.70 meters/second, 1521.7 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.8"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 05.9"||0.11 mi||North||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 56.4"||945.32 mi||West||0° 05' 58.9"||6.86 mi||North||945.61 mi|
|24 hours||14° 29' 45.0"||952.77 mi||East||2° 56' 54.9"||202.76 mi||North||981.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Mon 2:10 AM||988 km||614 miles||533 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Mon 12:10 AM||2303 km||1431 miles||1243 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 2:10 AM||2861 km||1778 miles||1545 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 3:10 AM||3506 km||2178 miles||1893 nm||E|
|Quito||Mon 3:10 AM||3889 km||2416 miles||2100 nm||ENE|
|San Salvador||Mon 2:10 AM||4146 km||2576 miles||2239 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Mon 2:10 AM||4148 km||2578 miles||2240 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Mon 2:10 AM||4158 km||2584 miles||2245 nm||NNE|
|Santiago||Mon 4:10 AM||4178 km||2596 miles||2256 nm||ESE|
|Managua||Mon 2:10 AM||4187 km||2601 miles||2261 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.