Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 9:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 09:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.92 meters/second, 1522.5 km/hour, 946.1 miles/hour or 822.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.7"||945.82 mi||West||0° 06' 05.4"||6.98 mi||North||946.12 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 15.0"||951.58 mi||East||2° 59' 12.7"||205.39 mi||North||980.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 1:00 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||SW|
|Easter Island||Mon 3:00 AM||1564 km||972 miles||844 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:00 PM||3018 km||1876 miles||1630 nm||W|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 3:00 AM||3930 km||2442 miles||2122 nm||ENE|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:00 PM||4064 km||2525 miles||2195 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:00 PM||4545 km||2824 miles||2454 nm||WNW|
|Lima||Mon 4:00 AM||4770 km||2964 miles||2576 nm||E|
|Mexico City *||Mon 4:00 AM||4792 km||2977 miles||2587 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Mon 3:00 AM||4930 km||3063 miles||2662 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Mon 3:00 AM||4960 km||3082 miles||2678 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.