Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 24, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.97 meters/second, 1522.7 km/hour, 946.2 miles/hour or 822.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.77 mi||west||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||north||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 00.3"||945.93 mi||west||0° 06' 06.7"||7.01 mi||north||946.22 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 57.0"||951.34 mi||east||2° 59' 40.1"||205.91 mi||north||980.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 1:10 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||SW|
|Easter Island||Mon 3:10 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:10 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:10 PM||3816 km||2371 miles||2060 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 3:10 AM||4161 km||2585 miles||2247 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:10 PM||4317 km||2682 miles||2331 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:10 PM||4890 km||3039 miles||2640 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Mon 4:10 AM||4927 km||3061 miles||2660 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Mon 4:10 AM||5024 km||3122 miles||2713 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Mon 3:10 AM||5111 km||3176 miles||2760 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.