Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.97 meters/second, 1522.7 km/hour, 946.2 miles/hour or 822.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 00.3"||945.93 mi||West||0° 06' 06.7"||7.01 mi||North||946.22 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 57.0"||951.34 mi||East||2° 59' 40.1"||205.91 mi||North||980.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 1:10 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||SW|
|Easter Island||Mon 3:10 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:10 PM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:10 PM||3816 km||2371 miles||2060 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 3:10 AM||4161 km||2585 miles||2247 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:10 PM||4317 km||2682 miles||2331 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:10 PM||4890 km||3039 miles||2641 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Mon 4:10 AM||4927 km||3061 miles||2660 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Mon 4:10 AM||5024 km||3122 miles||2713 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Mon 3:10 AM||5111 km||3176 miles||2760 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.