Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 9:20:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 99%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 09:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.02 meters/second, 1522.9 km/hour, 946.3 miles/hour or 822.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.77 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||15.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 00.9"||946.03 mi||West||0° 06' 08.0"||7.03 mi||North||946.33 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 38.9"||951.10 mi||East||3° 00' 07.6"||206.44 mi||North||980.72 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 1:20 AM||892 km||554 miles||482 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 3:20 AM||1970 km||1224 miles||1064 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Sun 11:20 PM||2512 km||1561 miles||1356 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Sun 11:20 PM||3568 km||2217 miles||1926 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 11:20 PM||4092 km||2543 miles||2210 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 10:20 PM||4640 km||2883 miles||2505 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 10:20 PM||4925 km||3060 miles||2659 nm||W|
|Mexico City *||Mon 4:20 AM||5071 km||3151 miles||2738 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 10:20 PM||5167 km||3211 miles||2790 nm||WSW|
|Lima||Mon 4:20 AM||5278 km||3279 miles||2850 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.