Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 10:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 10:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 423.35 meters/second, 1524.0 kilometres/hour, 947.0 miles/hour or 822.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.78 mi||West||0° 00' 06.1"||0.12 mi||North||15.78 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 05.6"||946.77 mi||West||0° 06' 17.3"||7.21 mi||North||947.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 25' 27.3"||949.36 mi||East||3° 03' 22.6"||210.16 mi||North||979.86 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 12:32 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||W|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 12:32 AM||931 km||578 miles||503 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Mon 2:32 AM||1563 km||971 miles||844 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 12:32 AM||1784 km||1109 miles||963 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 12:32 AM||2687 km||1670 miles||1451 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Sun 11:32 PM||2830 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||W|
|Apia||Mon 11:32 PM||3098 km||1925 miles||1673 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 11:32 PM||3177 km||1974 miles||1716 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Mon 11:32 PM||3379 km||2100 miles||1825 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Mon 4:32 AM||3609 km||2243 miles||1949 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.