Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, June 24, 2013 at 11:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.58 meters/second, 1524.9 km/hour, 947.5 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.79 mi||west||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||north||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 08.8"||947.30 mi||west||0° 06' 23.7"||7.33 mi||north||947.61 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 54.8"||948.14 mi||east||3° 05' 36.4"||212.71 mi||north||979.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 1:22 AM||589 km||366 miles||318 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:22 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 12:22 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 12:22 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:22 AM||1979 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:22 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:22 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:22 AM||2708 km||1683 miles||1462 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 11:22 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Mon 11:22 PM||2963 km||1841 miles||1600 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.