Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, June 24, 2013 at 11:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 98%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, June 24, 2013 at 11:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 423.58 meters/second, 1524.9 km/hour, 947.5 miles/hour or 823.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.79 mi||West||0° 00' 06.2"||0.12 mi||North||15.79 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 08.8"||947.30 mi||West||0° 06' 23.7"||7.33 mi||North||947.61 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 54.8"||948.14 mi||East||3° 05' 36.4"||212.71 mi||North||979.25 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 1:22 AM||387 km||240 miles||209 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Mon 1:22 AM||590 km||366 miles||318 nm||E|
|Rarotonga||Mon 1:22 AM||617 km||383 miles||333 nm||SW|
|Alofi||Mon 12:22 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||W|
|Apia||Tue 12:22 AM||1838 km||1142 miles||992 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 12:22 AM||1976 km||1228 miles||1067 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 12:22 AM||2139 km||1329 miles||1155 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 1:22 AM||2193 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||N|
|Adamstown||Mon 3:22 AM||2708 km||1683 miles||1462 nm||ESE|
|Suva||Mon 11:22 PM||2800 km||1740 miles||1512 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.