Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.27 meters/second, 1552.6 km/hour, 964.7 miles/hour or 838.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.08 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||North||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.7"||964.55 mi||West||0° 09' 03.1"||10.37 mi||North||964.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 25.9"||909.27 mi||East||3° 58' 56.8"||273.76 mi||North||956.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 2:02 AM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Tue 1:32 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||WSW|
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Tue 1:32 AM||947 km||588 miles||511 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:32 AM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:32 AM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:32 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 12:32 AM||2893 km||1797 miles||1562 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 12:32 AM||3091 km||1921 miles||1669 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:32 AM||3112 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:32 AM||3466 km||2154 miles||1871 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.