Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 94%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.27 meters/second, 1552.6 km/hour, 964.7 miles/hour or 838.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||16.08 mi||west||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||north||16.08 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.7"||964.55 mi||west||0° 09' 03.1"||10.37 mi||north||964.94 mi|
|24 hours||13° 35' 25.9"||909.27 mi||east||3° 58' 56.8"||273.76 mi||north||956.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Tue 2:02 AM||745 km||463 miles||402 nm||NNE|
|Papeete||Tue 1:32 AM||757 km||470 miles||409 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Tue 3:32 AM||1778 km||1105 miles||960 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Tue 1:32 AM||1904 km||1183 miles||1028 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Wed 1:32 AM||2413 km||1499 miles||1303 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Tue 12:32 AM||2892 km||1797 miles||1562 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Wed 12:32 AM||3091 km||1921 miles||1669 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 12:32 AM||3116 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Wed 12:32 AM||3466 km||2154 miles||1871 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island||Tue 5:32 AM||3756 km||2334 miles||2028 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.