Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 5:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 89%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.08 meters/second, 1573.5 km/hour, 977.7 miles/hour or 849.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||North||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 32.5"||977.59 mi||West||0° 10' 24.0"||11.91 mi||North||977.97 mi|
|24 hours||12° 59' 54.8"||879.88 mi||East||4° 23' 38.4"||301.99 mi||North||936.13 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Aracaju||Wed 2:00 AM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||WNW|
|Maceió||Wed 2:00 AM||256 km||159 miles||138 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Wed 2:00 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||WSW|
|Recife||Wed 2:00 AM||425 km||264 miles||229 nm||N|
|Natal||Wed 2:00 AM||673 km||418 miles||363 nm||N|
|Fernando de Noronha||Wed 3:00 AM||938 km||583 miles||506 nm||NNE|
|Fortaleza||Wed 2:00 AM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||NNW|
|Brasilia||Wed 2:00 AM||1443 km||897 miles||779 nm||WSW|
|Rio de Janeiro||Wed 2:00 AM||1493 km||928 miles||806 nm||SSW|
|São Paulo||Wed 2:00 AM||1773 km||1102 miles||957 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.