Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 87%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.65 meters/second, 1579.1 km/hour, 981.2 miles/hour or 852.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.35 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.35 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 58.3"||981.10 mi||West||0° 10' 41.7"||12.25 mi||North||981.48 mi|
|24 hours||12° 50' 14.6"||871.66 mi||East||4° 28' 39.0"||307.71 mi||North||929.77 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island||Wed 4:00 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||S|
|Galapagos Islands||Wed 4:00 AM||2261 km||1405 miles||1221 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:00 AM||2858 km||1776 miles||1543 nm||SW|
|Lima||Wed 5:00 AM||3309 km||2056 miles||1787 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Wed 4:00 AM||3388 km||2105 miles||1830 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Wed 4:00 AM||3391 km||2107 miles||1831 nm||NE|
|Quito||Wed 5:00 AM||3408 km||2117 miles||1840 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Wed 4:00 AM||3465 km||2153 miles||1871 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Wed 4:00 AM||3465 km||2153 miles||1871 nm||NE|
|Mexico City *||Wed 5:00 AM||3485 km||2166 miles||1882 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.