Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 86%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, June 26, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.15 meters/second, 1584.5 km/hour, 984.6 miles/hour or 855.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.41 mi||west||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||north||16.41 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 23.4"||984.47 mi||west||0° 10' 57.1"||12.55 mi||north||984.82 mi|
|24 hours||12° 40' 52.3"||863.59 mi||east||4° 32' 48.3"||312.46 mi||north||923.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Thu 3:00 AM||201 km||125 miles||109 nm||NNW|
|Mata-Utu||Thu 3:00 AM||539 km||335 miles||291 nm||SE|
|Lautoka||Thu 3:00 AM||877 km||545 miles||474 nm||SSW|
|Nadi||Thu 3:00 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||SSW|
|Suva||Thu 3:00 AM||906 km||563 miles||489 nm||S|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Thu 4:00 AM||928 km||576 miles||501 nm||ESE|
|Fakaofo||Thu 4:00 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||E|
|Apia||Thu 4:00 AM||976 km||607 miles||527 nm||ESE|
|Baker Island||Wed 3:00 AM||1201 km||746 miles||648 nm||NNE|
|Nukualofa||Thu 4:00 AM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.