Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 3:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 81%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.50 meters/second, 1596.6 km/hour, 992.1 miles/hour or 862.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.53 mi||West||0° 00' 11.3"||0.22 mi||North||16.53 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 23.9"||992.00 mi||West||0° 11' 26.1"||13.10 mi||North||992.31 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 01.3"||844.22 mi||East||4° 39' 36.7"||320.22 mi||North||906.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Thu 3:40 AM||957 km||595 miles||517 nm||SSW|
|São Tomé||Thu 3:40 AM||1389 km||863 miles||750 nm||NE|
|Abidjan||Thu 3:40 AM||1451 km||902 miles||784 nm||N|
|Accra||Thu 3:40 AM||1499 km||931 miles||809 nm||NNE|
|Lomé||Thu 3:40 AM||1600 km||994 miles||864 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Thu 3:40 AM||1633 km||1015 miles||882 nm||N|
|Libreville||Thu 4:40 AM||1636 km||1016 miles||883 nm||ENE|
|Porto Novo||Thu 4:40 AM||1687 km||1049 miles||911 nm||NNE|
|Lagos||Thu 4:40 AM||1715 km||1065 miles||926 nm||NNE|
|Luanda||Thu 4:40 AM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.