Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.88 meters/second, 1601.6 km/hour, 995.2 miles/hour or 864.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.58 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 51.3"||995.09 mi||West||0° 11' 35.3"||13.27 mi||North||995.37 mi|
|24 hours||12° 09' 24.6"||835.40 mi||East||4° 41' 09.3"||321.98 mi||North||898.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 3:50 AM||686 km||426 miles||371 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 4:50 AM||1439 km||894 miles||777 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Thu 4:50 AM||1666 km||1035 miles||900 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Thu 4:50 AM||1764 km||1096 miles||953 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Thu 3:50 AM||2031 km||1262 miles||1096 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Thu 3:50 AM||2169 km||1348 miles||1171 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Thu 4:50 AM||2217 km||1377 miles||1197 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Thu 3:50 AM||2264 km||1407 miles||1223 nm||N|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 3:50 AM||2348 km||1459 miles||1268 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 3:50 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1268 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.