Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 10:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 79%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 10:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.95 meters/second, 1601.8 km/hour, 995.3 miles/hour or 864.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.8"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||North||16.59 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 52.7"||995.25 mi||West||0° 11' 35.7"||13.28 mi||North||995.53 mi|
|24 hours||12° 08' 54.7"||834.93 mi||East||4° 41' 12.6"||322.04 mi||North||897.64 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Thu 4:10 AM||1024 km||636 miles||553 nm||NE|
|Guayaquil||Thu 5:10 AM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||ENE|
|Quito||Thu 5:10 AM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||ENE|
|Lima||Thu 5:10 AM||2271 km||1411 miles||1226 nm||ESE|
|San Jose||Thu 4:10 AM||2310 km||1436 miles||1247 nm||NE|
|Managua||Thu 4:10 AM||2378 km||1477 miles||1284 nm||NNE|
|San Salvador||Thu 4:10 AM||2393 km||1487 miles||1292 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Thu 4:10 AM||2440 km||1516 miles||1318 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Thu 4:10 AM||2519 km||1565 miles||1360 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Thu 5:10 AM||2583 km||1605 miles||1395 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.