Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 14:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 14:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.71 meters/second, 1604.6 km/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.62 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 08.9"||996.95 mi||west||0° 11' 39.8"||13.36 mi||north||997.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 18.5"||829.67 mi||east||4° 41' 35.3"||322.47 mi||north||892.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:00 AM||986 km||613 miles||532 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:00 AM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:00 AM||1873 km||1164 miles||1012 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:00 AM||2080 km||1292 miles||1123 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Fri 3:00 AM||2270 km||1410 miles||1225 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:00 AM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:00 AM||2720 km||1690 miles||1469 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:00 AM||2961 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:00 AM||3046 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:00 AM||3113 km||1934 miles||1681 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.