Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 2:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 14:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.71 meters/second, 1604.5 km/hour, 997.0 miles/hour or 866.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 08.7"||996.94 mi||West||0° 11' 39.8"||13.36 mi||North||997.20 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 20.0"||829.70 mi||East||4° 41' 35.3"||322.47 mi||North||892.48 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:00 AM||1002 km||623 miles||541 nm||NNW|
|Papeete||Thu 4:00 AM||1340 km||833 miles||724 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:00 AM||1885 km||1171 miles||1018 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:00 AM||2106 km||1308 miles||1137 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Fri 3:00 AM||2297 km||1427 miles||1240 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:00 AM||2397 km||1489 miles||1294 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:00 AM||2749 km||1708 miles||1484 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:00 AM||2985 km||1855 miles||1612 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Thu 4:00 AM||3052 km||1896 miles||1648 nm||N|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:00 AM||3144 km||1954 miles||1698 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.