Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 2:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 14:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.86 meters/second, 1605.1 km/hour, 997.4 miles/hour or 866.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 12.1"||997.28 mi||West||0° 11' 40.5"||13.37 mi||North||997.54 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 09.6"||828.58 mi||East||4° 41' 37.0"||322.50 mi||North||891.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Fri 3:50 AM||716 km||445 miles||387 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 3:50 AM||846 km||525 miles||457 nm||WSW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 3:50 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 4:50 AM||1150 km||715 miles||621 nm||NE|
|Apia||Fri 3:50 AM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Thu 2:50 AM||1474 km||916 miles||796 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Thu 3:50 AM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 4:50 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Fri 2:50 AM||1826 km||1135 miles||986 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Fri 3:50 AM||2069 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.