Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 3:10:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 77%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 15:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 445.92 meters/second, 1605.3 kilometres/hour, 997.5 miles/hour or 866.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.62 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.62 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 13.6"||997.42 mi||West||0° 11' 40.8"||13.38 mi||North||997.67 mi|
|24 hours||12° 01' 41.7"||828.14 mi||East||4° 41' 37.4"||322.51 mi||North||890.91 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rawaki||Fri 4:10 AM||250 km||155 miles||135 nm||NW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 4:10 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:10 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||SSW|
|Atafu||Fri 4:10 AM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||SW|
|Apia||Fri 4:10 AM||955 km||594 miles||516 nm||SSW|
|Salelologa (Savai'i)||Fri 4:10 AM||960 km||597 miles||518 nm||SSW|
|Pago Pago||Thu 4:10 AM||978 km||608 miles||528 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:10 AM||1013 km||630 miles||547 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Fri 3:10 AM||1306 km||812 miles||705 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Thu 4:10 AM||1497 km||930 miles||808 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.