Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.04 meters/second, 1605.7 kilometres/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.0 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 16.3"||997.69 mi||West||0° 11' 41.4"||13.39 mi||North||997.94 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 46.2"||827.26 mi||East||4° 41' 37.7"||322.51 mi||North||890.02 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 3:50 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||SSW|
|Baker Island||Thu 3:50 AM||681 km||423 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Howland Island||Thu 3:50 AM||737 km||458 miles||398 nm||NNE|
|Atafu||Fri 4:50 AM||798 km||496 miles||431 nm||ESE|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 3:50 AM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||NW|
|Kanton Island||Fri 4:50 AM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||ENE|
|Mata-Utu||Fri 3:50 AM||928 km||577 miles||501 nm||SSE|
|Rawaki||Fri 4:50 AM||941 km||584 miles||508 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Fri 4:50 AM||968 km||601 miles||523 nm||ESE|
|Tarawa||Fri 3:50 AM||1164 km||723 miles||629 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.