Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 4:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 16:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.07 meters/second, 1605.8 kilometres/hour, 997.8 miles/hour or 867.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 16.8"||997.75 mi||West||0° 11' 41.5"||13.39 mi||North||998.00 mi|
|24 hours||347° 59' 27.5"||827.04 mi||West||4° 41' 37.6"||322.51 mi||North||889.79 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Funafuti||Fri 4:00 AM||355 km||221 miles||192 nm||SSE|
|Tabiteuea||Fri 4:00 AM||627 km||389 miles||338 nm||NW|
|Baker Island||Thu 4:00 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||NE|
|Howland Island||Thu 4:00 AM||868 km||539 miles||469 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Fri 4:00 AM||973 km||604 miles||525 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Fri 5:00 AM||1213 km||754 miles||655 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 4:00 AM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||WNW|
|Suva||Fri 4:00 AM||1412 km||877 miles||762 nm||S|
|Apia||Fri 5:00 AM||1414 km||879 miles||764 nm||SE|
|Majuro||Fri 4:00 AM||1592 km||989 miles||860 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.