Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 6:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 76%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, June 27, 2013 at 18:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 446.41 meters/second, 1607.1 kilometres/hour, 998.6 miles/hour or 867.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.64 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 24.8"||998.52 mi||West||0° 11' 42.9"||13.42 mi||North||998.76 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 49.8"||824.43 mi||East||4° 41' 33.6"||322.43 mi||North||887.11 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Rabaul||Fri 4:00 AM||299 km||186 miles||161 nm||ENE|
|Lae||Fri 4:00 AM||347 km||216 miles||187 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Fri 4:00 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||SSW|
|Buka||Fri 4:00 AM||566 km||352 miles||306 nm||E|
|Mount Hagen||Fri 4:00 AM||602 km||374 miles||325 nm||W|
|Arawa||Fri 4:00 AM||677 km||420 miles||365 nm||ESE|
|Gizo||Fri 5:00 AM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Fri 3:00 AM||1023 km||635 miles||552 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Fri 5:00 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Fri 4:00 AM||1385 km||860 miles||748 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.