Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 2:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 02:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.66 meters/second, 1611.6 kilometres/hour, 1001.4 miles/hour or 870.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.8"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 57.5"||1001.32 mi||West||0° 11' 45.7"||13.47 mi||North||1001.50 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 49.7"||813.56 mi||East||4° 40' 03.4"||320.70 mi||North||875.40 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tshikapa||Fri 4:50 AM||360 km||224 miles||194 nm||SSW|
|Mbuji-Mayi||Fri 4:50 AM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||SE|
|Mbandaka||Fri 3:50 AM||518 km||322 miles||280 nm||NW|
|Lucapa||Fri 3:50 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||S|
|Kisangani||Fri 4:50 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NE|
|Impfondo||Fri 3:50 AM||664 km||413 miles||358 nm||NW|
|Kinshasa||Fri 3:50 AM||704 km||437 miles||380 nm||W|
|Brazzaville||Fri 3:50 AM||706 km||438 miles||381 nm||W|
|Bukavu||Fri 4:50 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||E|
|Uíge||Fri 3:50 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.