Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 3:30:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 03:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.73 meters/second, 1611.8 kilometres/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 59.9"||1001.49 mi||West||0° 11' 45.7"||13.47 mi||North||1001.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 46' 03.7"||812.78 mi||East||4° 39' 51.9"||320.48 mi||North||874.52 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Dolisie||Fri 4:30 AM||148 km||92 miles||80 nm||SE|
|Pointe-Noire||Fri 4:30 AM||184 km||114 miles||99 nm||S|
|Franceville||Fri 4:30 AM||250 km||156 miles||135 nm||NE|
|Cabinda||Fri 4:30 AM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||S|
|Brazzaville||Fri 4:30 AM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||ESE|
|Kinshasa||Fri 4:30 AM||403 km||250 miles||217 nm||ESE|
|Port-Gentil||Fri 4:30 AM||434 km||270 miles||235 nm||NW|
|Libreville||Fri 4:30 AM||473 km||294 miles||256 nm||NW|
|Aconibe||Fri 4:30 AM||500 km||310 miles||270 nm||NNW|
|Ebebiyín||Fri 4:30 AM||586 km||364 miles||317 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.