Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 72%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 03:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.75 meters/second, 1611.9 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.5"||1001.60 mi||west||0° 11' 45.6"||13.47 mi||north||1001.78 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 51.0"||812.62 mi||east||4° 39' 48.6"||320.44 mi||north||874.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port-Gentil||Fri 4:40 AM||264 km||164 miles||143 nm||N|
|Pointe-Noire||Fri 4:40 AM||351 km||218 miles||190 nm||ESE|
|Libreville||Fri 4:40 AM||386 km||240 miles||208 nm||N|
|Dolisie||Fri 4:40 AM||406 km||252 miles||219 nm||ESE|
|Cabinda||Fri 4:40 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SE|
|São Tomé||Fri 3:40 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||NW|
|Franceville||Fri 4:40 AM||513 km||319 miles||277 nm||ENE|
|Bata||Fri 4:40 AM||551 km||342 miles||297 nm||N|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 3:40 AM||559 km||347 miles||302 nm||NNW|
|Ebebiyín||Fri 4:40 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.