Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.77 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 00.9"||1001.57 mi||West||0° 11' 45.6"||13.47 mi||North||1001.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 41.1"||812.39 mi||East||4° 39' 45.9"||320.37 mi||North||874.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port-Gentil||Fri 4:50 AM||321 km||199 miles||173 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Fri 3:50 AM||377 km||234 miles||204 nm||N|
|Libreville||Fri 4:50 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||NE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 3:50 AM||521 km||324 miles||281 nm||N|
|Pointe-Noire||Fri 4:50 AM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||ESE|
|Bata||Fri 4:50 AM||622 km||386 miles||336 nm||NNE|
|Cabinda||Fri 4:50 AM||634 km||394 miles||342 nm||ESE|
|Dolisie||Fri 4:50 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ESE|
|Aconibe||Fri 4:50 AM||647 km||402 miles||350 nm||NE|
|Franceville||Fri 4:50 AM||743 km||462 miles||401 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.