Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 04:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.79 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.69 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 01.5"||1001.61 mi||west||0° 11' 45.6"||13.47 mi||north||1001.79 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 29.7"||812.20 mi||east||4° 39' 42.9"||320.31 mi||north||873.87 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|São Tomé||Fri 4:00 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||NNE|
|Port-Gentil||Fri 5:00 AM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||ENE|
|Santo António (Príncipe)||Fri 4:00 AM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||NNE|
|Libreville||Fri 5:00 AM||656 km||407 miles||354 nm||NE|
|Bata||Fri 5:00 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||NE|
|Pointe-Noire||Fri 5:00 AM||827 km||514 miles||446 nm||ESE|
|Aconibe||Fri 5:00 AM||849 km||528 miles||458 nm||NE|
|Malabo||Fri 5:00 AM||881 km||547 miles||475 nm||NNE|
|Cabinda||Fri 5:00 AM||884 km||549 miles||477 nm||ESE|
|Dolisie||Fri 5:00 AM||903 km||561 miles||487 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.