Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 71%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 05:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.90 meters/second, 1612.4 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.0"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 11.7"||0.22 mi||north||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 04.9"||1001.86 mi||west||0° 11' 45.5"||13.47 mi||north||1002.03 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 21.3"||811.03 mi||east||4° 39' 23.5"||319.94 mi||north||872.54 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Pédro||Fri 5:00 AM||923 km||573 miles||498 nm||NNE|
|Monrovia||Fri 5:00 AM||1014 km||630 miles||547 nm||N|
|Abidjan||Fri 5:00 AM||1128 km||701 miles||609 nm||NE|
|Yamoussoukro||Fri 5:00 AM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Fri 5:00 AM||1297 km||806 miles||700 nm||NNW|
|Conakry||Fri 5:00 AM||1420 km||883 miles||767 nm||NNW|
|Accra||Fri 5:00 AM||1440 km||895 miles||778 nm||NE|
|Jamestown||Fri 5:00 AM||1528 km||949 miles||825 nm||SSE|
|Lome||Fri 5:00 AM||1604 km||997 miles||866 nm||NE|
|Bamako||Fri 5:00 AM||1727 km||1073 miles||932 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.