Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 10:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 10:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.41 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 23.7"||1003.00 mi||West||0° 11' 43.7"||13.43 mi||North||1003.14 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 15.4"||804.64 mi||East||4° 37' 05.9"||317.32 mi||North||865.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 4:50 AM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Fri 5:50 AM||1622 km||1008 miles||876 nm||E|
|San Jose||Fri 4:50 AM||1725 km||1072 miles||931 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 4:50 AM||1779 km||1105 miles||960 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Fri 5:50 AM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Fri 4:50 AM||1798 km||1117 miles||971 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 4:50 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 4:50 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 4:50 AM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNE|
|Panama||Fri 5:50 AM||2035 km||1265 miles||1099 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.