Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.42 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.3"||1003.10 mi||west||0° 11' 43.6"||13.43 mi||north||1003.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 04.4"||804.50 mi||east||4° 37' 00.8"||317.24 mi||north||864.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:00 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:00 AM||1911 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:00 AM||1921 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||E|
|Santa Ana||Fri 5:00 AM||1922 km||1194 miles||1038 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:00 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:00 AM||1941 km||1206 miles||1048 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Fri 5:00 AM||1944 km||1208 miles||1050 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 5:00 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||NNE|
|Acapulco *||Fri 6:00 AM||2069 km||1285 miles||1117 nm||N|
|Quito||Fri 6:00 AM||2082 km||1294 miles||1124 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.