Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.42 meters/second, 1614.3 km/hour, 1003.1 miles/hour or 871.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.3"||1003.03 mi||West||0° 11' 43.6"||13.43 mi||North||1003.16 mi|
|24 hours||11° 38' 05.4"||804.46 mi||East||4° 37' 01.2"||317.23 mi||North||864.81 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 5:00 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Fri 6:00 AM||1891 km||1175 miles||1021 nm||E|
|San Salvador||Fri 5:00 AM||1898 km||1179 miles||1025 nm||NNE|
|Santa Ana||Fri 5:00 AM||1910 km||1187 miles||1031 nm||NNE|
|San Jose||Fri 5:00 AM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 5:00 AM||1926 km||1197 miles||1040 nm||NE|
|Guatemala||Fri 5:00 AM||1930 km||1199 miles||1042 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 5:00 AM||2043 km||1269 miles||1103 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Fri 6:00 AM||2051 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||E|
|Acapulco *||Fri 6:00 AM||2074 km||1289 miles||1120 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.