Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 2:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 14:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.61 meters/second, 1615.0 km/hour, 1003.5 miles/hour or 872.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 33.2"||1003.44 mi||West||0° 11' 41.8"||13.39 mi||North||1003.56 mi|
|24 hours||11° 35' 13.7"||801.35 mi||East||4° 35' 32.3"||315.53 mi||North||860.99 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 4:30 AM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:00 AM||1912 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||W|
|Papeete||Fri 4:00 AM||2079 km||1292 miles||1122 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Fri 6:00 AM||2877 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||SSE|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:00 AM||3066 km||1905 miles||1655 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:00 AM||3120 km||1939 miles||1685 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:00 AM||3532 km||2195 miles||1907 nm||WSW|
|Apia||Sat 3:00 AM||3731 km||2318 miles||2015 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 3:00 AM||3785 km||2352 miles||2043 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:00 AM||4018 km||2496 miles||2169 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.