Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 2:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 14:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.65 meters/second, 1615.1 kilometres/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.6"||1003.53 mi||West||0° 11' 41.2"||13.38 mi||North||1003.65 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 27.9"||800.51 mi||East||4° 35' 05.6"||315.02 mi||North||859.94 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 4:50 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 4:50 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||S|
|Fakaofo||Sat 3:50 AM||2273 km||1413 miles||1227 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 4:50 AM||2384 km||1481 miles||1287 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Fri 4:50 AM||2526 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||NNW|
|Apia||Sat 3:50 AM||2559 km||1590 miles||1382 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 2:50 AM||2672 km||1660 miles||1443 nm||W|
|Alofi||Fri 3:50 AM||2765 km||1718 miles||1493 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 2:50 AM||3249 km||2019 miles||1754 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 3:50 AM||3330 km||2069 miles||1798 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.