Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, June 28, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 67%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 448.66 meters/second, 1615.2 kilometres/hour, 1003.6 miles/hour or 872.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||West||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||North||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 36.0"||1003.55 mi||West||0° 11' 41.1"||13.38 mi||North||1003.67 mi|
|24 hours||11° 34' 18.8"||800.35 mi||East||4° 35' 00.1"||314.92 mi||North||859.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:00 AM||405 km||252 miles||219 nm||NW|
|Papeete||Fri 5:00 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||SSE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:00 AM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:00 AM||2313 km||1438 miles||1249 nm||SSW|
|Apia||Sat 4:00 AM||2346 km||1457 miles||1266 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 3:00 AM||2403 km||1493 miles||1298 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 5:00 AM||2475 km||1538 miles||1336 nm||N|
|Alofi||Fri 4:00 AM||2593 km||1611 miles||1400 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sat 3:00 AM||2992 km||1859 miles||1615 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 4:00 AM||3143 km||1953 miles||1697 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.