Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, June 28, 2013 at 16:20:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 66%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:33 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:54 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, June 28, 2013 at 16:20:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.72 meters/second, 1615.4 km/hour, 1003.7 miles/hour or 872.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.73 mi||west||0° 00' 11.6"||0.22 mi||north||16.73 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.9"||1003.76 mi||west||0° 11' 40.0"||13.36 mi||north||1003.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 33' 06.8"||799.06 mi||east||4° 34' 14.5"||314.07 mi||north||858.10 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 4:20 AM||234 km||145 miles||126 nm||WNW|
|Rawaki||Sat 5:20 AM||547 km||340 miles||295 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:20 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||SSE|
|Funafuti||Sat 4:20 AM||1116 km||693 miles||602 nm||SW|
|Tarawa||Sat 4:20 AM||1406 km||873 miles||759 nm||W|
|Apia||Sat 5:20 AM||1494 km||928 miles||807 nm||SSE|
|Majuro||Sat 4:20 AM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:20 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||E|
|Yaren||Sat 4:20 AM||2065 km||1283 miles||1115 nm||W|
|Suva||Sat 4:20 AM||2086 km||1296 miles||1126 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.