Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 10:54:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 10:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.52 meters/second, 1614.7 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.6"||1003.24 mi||West||0° 11' 15.4"||12.89 mi||North||1003.23 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 16.6"||783.22 mi||East||4° 20' 17.4"||298.09 mi||North||835.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Esmeraldas||Sat 5:54 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||ESE|
|Portoviejo||Sat 5:54 AM||578 km||359 miles||312 nm||SE|
|Santo Domingo (Ecuador)||Sat 5:54 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||SE|
|David||Sat 5:54 AM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sat 5:54 AM||650 km||404 miles||351 nm||NNE|
|Quito||Sat 5:54 AM||684 km||425 miles||370 nm||ESE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 5:54 AM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||SE|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 4:54 AM||773 km||480 miles||417 nm||WSW|
|San Jose||Sat 4:54 AM||773 km||481 miles||418 nm||N|
|Cali||Sat 5:54 AM||812 km||504 miles||438 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.