Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 11:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 11:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.51 meters/second, 1614.6 km/hour, 1003.3 miles/hour or 871.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.3"||16.72 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.22 mi||North||16.72 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 22.7"||1003.22 mi||West||0° 11' 15.2"||12.89 mi||North||1003.22 mi|
|24 hours||11° 20' 13.6"||783.15 mi||East||4° 20' 11.8"||297.99 mi||North||835.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 5:00 AM||646 km||401 miles||349 nm||SW|
|Esmeraldas||Sat 6:00 AM||661 km||410 miles||357 nm||ESE|
|David||Sat 6:00 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||NNE|
|Santiago de Veraguas||Sat 6:00 AM||739 km||459 miles||399 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Sat 5:00 AM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||N|
|Alajuela||Sat 5:00 AM||788 km||490 miles||426 nm||N|
|Limón||Sat 5:00 AM||815 km||506 miles||440 nm||NNE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 6:00 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||SE|
|Quito||Sat 6:00 AM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||ESE|
|Liberia||Sat 5:00 AM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.