Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 3:00:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 15:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.23 meters/second, 1613.6 km/hour, 1002.7 miles/hour or 871.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 29.6"||1002.59 mi||West||0° 11' 07.6"||12.74 mi||North||1002.57 mi|
|24 hours||11° 18' 19.4"||780.37 mi||East||4° 16' 22.9"||293.62 mi||North||831.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:00 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 5:00 AM||2447 km||1520 miles||1321 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 5:00 AM||2501 km||1554 miles||1351 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:00 AM||3290 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:00 AM||3412 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Sat 7:00 AM||3491 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Sun 4:00 AM||3690 km||2293 miles||1993 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:00 AM||3706 km||2303 miles||2001 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sat 4:00 AM||3849 km||2392 miles||2078 nm||SW|
|Los Angeles *||Sat 8:00 AM||4247 km||2639 miles||2293 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.