Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 3:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 15:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.17 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 30.9"||1002.44 mi||West||0° 11' 06.0"||12.71 mi||North||1002.41 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 57.9"||779.82 mi||East||4° 15' 33.2"||292.68 mi||North||830.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:50 AM||305 km||189 miles||164 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Sat 5:50 AM||1948 km||1210 miles||1052 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:50 AM||2279 km||1416 miles||1231 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:50 AM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 5:50 AM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Sun 4:50 AM||2661 km||1653 miles||1437 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:50 AM||2816 km||1750 miles||1521 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sat 4:50 AM||2990 km||1858 miles||1614 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 3:50 AM||3130 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sun 4:50 AM||3506 km||2179 miles||1893 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.