Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 15:54:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 56%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:34 AM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Sunday, June 30, 2013 at 4:55 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, June 29, 2013 at 15:54:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.16 meters/second, 1613.4 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 31.5"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 31' 31.0"||1002.43 mi||west||0° 11' 05.8"||12.71 mi||north||1002.40 mi|
|24 hours||11° 17' 56.2"||779.77 mi||east||4° 15' 29.1"||292.60 mi||north||830.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sun 5:54 AM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||SSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 5:54 AM||1935 km||1202 miles||1045 nm||N|
|Fakaofo||Sun 4:54 AM||2202 km||1368 miles||1189 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Sat 3:54 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1225 nm||W|
|Papeete||Sat 5:54 AM||2485 km||1544 miles||1342 nm||SSE|
|Apia||Sun 4:54 AM||2591 km||1610 miles||1399 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 5:54 AM||2802 km||1741 miles||1513 nm||S|
|Alofi||Sat 4:54 AM||2936 km||1824 miles||1585 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sun 3:54 AM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||WSW|
|Tarawa||Sun 3:54 AM||3411 km||2120 miles||1842 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.